Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Do you know your ABCs?

EDITED AGAIN:



The above was floating around Facebook.. and the first thought that came to my mind was, what an absolutely fantastic way to determine our level of media saturation.. or if you prefer, how brand-conscious we are! =p

And in case you were interested, it's call Corporate Alphabet by Dutch artists Amoud van den Heuval and Koert van Mensvoort. And it's not quite a 2D image, but is in fact a carpet design. =p

And though I think I watch more ads than the average person, I still wasn't able to get them all. So if you know the answers, do share them! Also, don't be shy in letting me how many you got right! =D Oh, and I've actually white-out my answers so you can give your brain a workout too~ Simply highlight the space next to the letters to see what I've written.

Thanks to everyone who contributed, we've successfully guessed (and googled!) the answers from B to Z... Still very unsure about the "A", but 24 out of 25 isn't bad at all. After more digging, my brother finally found the final "A"!! So everyone, do give yourself a pat on the back for a job well done! ^^;;

A - Alles Vliegt (Dutch)
B - Barbie
C - Coca-Cola
D - Disney
E - Euro
F - Ford
G - Google
H - Heineken
I - intel
J - JVC
K - Kellog's
L - Lego
M - McDonald's
N - Nike
O - Opel
P - Playstation
Q - Quicktime
R - Rizla (French)
S - Superman
T - TNT
V - Vogue
W - Warner Brothers
X - Mac OS X
Y - Yahoo!
and Z - Zwitsal (Dutch)

By the way, did anyone noticed there was no image of the letter "U"? =p

13 comments:

nätc da inv'sible said...

my answers (without looking at urs!):

A-
B- Barbie
C-
D- Disney
E- euro $$?
F- Ford
G-
H
I-
J-
K- Keloggs
L- Lego
M- Mc Donalds
N-
O-
P- Playstation
Q- Quicktime
R-
S- Superman
T-
V-
W- Warner Bros
X-
Y- Yahoo
Z-

seems like i am not aware of the media!?

ginchee said...

Oh! I think you got Ford right for the letter F...

No lah.. not really unaware.. probably just didn't really notice.. but when you see it you will know~ hehehehe.. =D

Edmund said...

oooh..added a few more

A-
B- Barbie
C-
D- Disney
E- euro
F- Ford
G-
H
I-
J- JVC
K- Keloggs
L- Lego
M- McDonalds
N-
O- Opel
P- Playstation
Q- Quicktime
R-
S- Superman
T- TNT
V-
W- Warner Bros
X-
Y- Yahoo
Z-

ginchee said...

Ahh... Opel... mmm.. thanks though I'm still missing a fair bit..

Maybe I'll never solve the puzzle.. it's not like you can google a letter.. lolz~

Olivia said...

you can google it after all~:p

A-
B- Barbie
C- Coca-cola
D- Disney
E- euro
F- Ford
G- Google
H
I- Intel
J- JVC
K- Keloggs
L- Lego
M- McDonalds
N-
O- Opel
P- Playstation
Q- Quicktime
R-
S- Superman
T- TNT
V-
W- Warner Bros
X-
Y- Yahoo
Z-

Olivia said...

maybe...
N for Nikon?

V for Volvo?

Olivia said...

PH suggested

A is Aston Martin
H is Hermes?
X is Xerox

jaz said...

i still think N for Nike cuz it's skinnier and a bit more italicky than the Nikon.. :P

jaz said...

turns out you can google the pic... it's Corporate Alphabet by Amoud van den Heuval and Koert van Mensvoort.. was made into a huge carpet..

A:
B: Barbie
C: Coca Cola
D: Disney
E: Euro
F: Ford
G: Google
H: Heineken
I: Intel
J: JVC
K: Kellogs
L: Lego
M: McDonald's
N: Nike
O: Opel
P: Playstation
Q: Quicktime
R: Rizla (a brand of papers used to roll cigarettes)
S: Superman
T: TNT
V: Vogue
W: Warner Brothers
X: Mac OS X
Y: Yahoo
Z: Zwitsal (dutch baby shampoo brand.. artist is dutch, too)

ginchee said...

Ooo! Thanks heaps Jaz!! What search engine did you used? I googled for hours and hours and still didn't manage to find even a hint of it..

Anyways, I followed up on the people you mentioned, and it seems "A" is still very much unknown! And personally, I don't recall Mac OS X being the "X".. I supposed the design has been changed slightly..?

Well.. I supposed finding 24 out of 25 ain't too bad.. I wonder if we'll ever find out what "A" means though! =p

Ajaxg said...

A= Austin( old car symbol)

ginchee said...

Thanks Ajaxg for your suggestion, but though the wings looked remarkably similar, Austin's logo was far more busy.

But we finally got it. It's Alles Vliegt - a Dutch brand of something~ Site's down so what they sell is still unknown. >.<

jaz said...

i did google images search... clicked on the pics that looked like what you had, found out name of pic and searched it on google images again.. led me to van den Heuval's homepage which had most of the answers.. haha..

not all though because the site had a slightly different version of the pic which did include a "U" in the alphabet

mac os x: http://tinyurl.com/c5av43

haha... i saw on flickr someone said A was Alles Vliegt, but had no idea what it was and couldn't find it